>

Friday, June 25, 2010

Who Says You Cant "SEEEEE" Love?

So after almost 10 weeks of not hearing from Josh... a few days ago- Harper & I got a call!! Our Sailor is safe.... and he misses us dearly. Harper is almost 11 months old... and amazes me every day. Since the day he left I made sure to put up pics in her room & all over the house so she would constantly see him. Every morning we say good morning & every night we say good night to him. 2 days before Josh called, she said DADA to his picture! I wanted to cry and laugh and scream all at the same time. Cry because he didn't get to see it or hear it... laugh cause it was the cutest thing I think i have ever seen... and scream cause I would have given anything to just have him there for 2 seconds.

When we got our phone call, we hopped on SYKPE... and it was almost like Harper knew what was happening... she was going to see the one man who will never break her heart or let her down... her daddy.

As they chatted they were both glowing... I think if its possible to ever SEE love I saw it that day. I wanted to grab a jar & bottle up the air...whenever I am feeling like I don't know if I'm going to make it- I wanted to be able to open the bottle. So I turned on the camera... now every time I am feeling like I don't know how were going to get through this... and the deployments that lie ahead I watch the video. A simple reminder that we just have to be strong. We will all be together again some day... and maybe we had to go through this to realize what a special gift we have... the gift of each other... So because this special moment just made my day I thought I would share it with you guys! =)

Were almost to the half way point.... I cant say its going fast... but were surviving!

2 comments:

  1. What a wonderful post..and what a wonderful, strong, woman, wife, friend, sister, and above all mother you are!! =) You're doing an AMAZING job Lauren and Josh I'm positive is proud. Someone once told my mom ANY woman can be a wife, but it takes a different kind of woman to be a military wife!! =) And that is SO SO TRUE!! You have to be strong, independent, positive, have faith in him and yourself, but hey you know this..YOU have ALL these qualities!! I love this video as much today as the I have seen and your description of that day and the feelings makes me tear up..But its like you said, you're halfway there, and Lauren you're going strong. Keep your head where it always is-held high. That's the Lauren I have always known! =) LOVE YOU ALL LOTS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. TOO CUTE. I am so glad that you guys get to talk to each other. Harper is so cute and I cant believe how fast she is growing.

    ReplyDelete