>

Tuesday, December 20, 2011

The Big Day....

I know I have mentioned it before.... Deployment.  Its literately days... I could calculate the hours but then I think I would cry.  Josh has been gone for 3 weeks and he got to come home today... But- its bittersweet... because its only a few days away from the "big D" as I like to call it.  To have my family "whole" again is the most amazing feeling in the world.  I know we are so blessed... I have an amazing husband who works hard for us, I get to be home with the girls... The girls, they are the luckiest of all.  The girls have a mom and dad, a Grammy, a papa and a meema, a grandpa and grandma, and aunts and uncles who would move mountains for them. 

I had to remind myself to breathe when I picked him up today... I am NOT  a fan of the Camo Uniforms... but he makes them look good.  He looks brave in them... It reminds me that I am proud of him.  I know we have done this before... a deployment that is... Over 180 days apart.  I know we can do this again.  But last time was different.  I feel like now I know how long it is... what it entails... and I am nothing short of dreading it this time.  I think I just had to admit to someone (you blog....) that I am scared to death.  I need to remind myself that its OK to cry...but also remind myself that this will only make us stronger.  As a couple, and as a family. 

All I can do is pray that that boat returns home safe, and all of the Sailors and their families stay strong for them.  Always remember we are the land of the free, because of the brave. 

1 comment:

  1. You are a strong women! The girls are lucky to have the support they have! Keep your head up and your heart full. I will be praying for you guys :)

    ReplyDelete