So Miss Reese is now 13 days old... and Josh has been home 11 out of the 13 days. Yesterday was my first day ALONE with the girls... I could hardly sleep because I wondered how I would be able to get up for all of Reese's feedings, then go alll day alone the next day! But- it went quite well. Well... besides Harper spitting her juice into her toaster and then putting it on my couch... I was NOT a happy camper.
So today being day 2... I wanted to test the waters. How productive could I be with 2 kids?! I promised myself I would ALWAYS be on top of the girls' scrapbooks. Today I was going to prove alll my friends wrong who said I was fooling myself thinking I could keep up with it. How did it go you ask!? Well- take a look for yourself.
Yes.... I managed to complete a whole page!! It was the day we went to the Cider Mill... all I could think about was how amazing those warm cider donuts were. Harper was thinking the same thing because she kept asking to go to "dunkin" for "dooonuts". We didn't. It killed me not to go... but we didn't go. ahhahaaa. I may send josh out later for some! ; )
Anyway- with my past 2 days I have learned a few tricks to get stuff done. Try to schedule the naps TOGETHER!! Obviously Reese sleeps a loooot more than Harper but I'm trying to make them eat lunch at the same time then NAP at the same time... today- its working like a charm (hence my having time to blog hahahaa). I used to make fun of the sling/wrap things that moms wear... I used to say "I'm a stroller mom, not a marsupial mom". Ammm... I take it back. This wrap thing is amazing. Totally worth the crazy $85.
And lastly- MULTITASK!!
While I scrapbooked,
I had Harper finger paint,
and my right foot was keeping Reesey happy in her bouncy seat!!
So with maybe 11 days left with my Sailor before deployment, I am feeling kinda confidant that I will survive. With my new friend KEURIG there to give me an extra boost when I need it, I am not too worried ha ha ha.
I had no doubt that you wouldn't be able to handle your girls alone!! =) I'm sure it was sooo nice having Josh home though, and how awesome he got to spend those first days with Reese! She is beautiful and looks like her Big Sis thinks so too!! Congrats on getting some "you" time in as well with the scrapbooking! You rock!
ReplyDelete