I woke up early this morning, and I went and stood over Harpers crib... I wanted to watch her OFFICIALLY turn 1- At 6:49 am. 6:49 soon turned to 7:05 and I was still standing there... just watching her... reflecting on the last year. The most amazing year of my life. I knew I always wanted to be a mom... and as soon as I held Harper the first time- all those cheesey things people tell you about how a baby changes everything, you realize are true. I never knew it was possible to love someone SO much and you had JUST met her. I don't know how its possible, but every day when I go get her out of her crib- I know I love her a little bit more then I did before.


In the past year I have learned a few very important lessons. I will not die if the dishes are left till the morning. My hair wont fall out if it doesn't get washed in 2 days. Nail polish on the Rug gives it "Character". If its a super cute expensive outfit- its inevitably going to get seriously dirty before the day is over. Oxi Clean really is amazing. If it cant be replaced, I never should have owned it to begin with. The Dyson will work if its not turned on for a day... or 2. Pretend tea is the best kind of tea. Never wear a strapless dress to the Zoo when taking your child who crawls and pulls on the dress to help herself stand up. And- Coffee is the 6th wonder of the world.
I have memories that will be forever burned into my heart and my head. The first time I saw her, held her, heard her, kissed her. And of coarse all the "milestones" she has reached, and the ones we still have to look forward to. I look forward to her 1st day of school, first best friend, first date, first prom, graduations and some day getting married and her having her own children... but for now- were just celebrating her getting to have Whole Milk (organic of coarse) and counting down the days till Josh gets to come home and be with his family again.
Harper amazes me every day. She is so sweet and so full of personality. Just today we were at Target and I was standing there talking to the cashier when she started digging through my purse. She pulls out my wallet, opens it, and pulls out come cash and holds it out for the cashier! We sat there laughing she just held out her little hand and laughed too. When people around her laugh, she laughs and throws her hands in the air like she has any idea whats going on.... but- maybe she does.
For her Birthday she had a POOOOL Party with some family members and friends. Complete with a DJ and a photographer ha ha. Thats normal for a 1st Birthday right!? ; ) Josh and I got her her first charm for her Tiffany bracelet. A "Ladybug" charm because we always say shes "Daddy's Little Ladybug". And I got to take her to "American Girl" to get her first doll. I have ALWAYS wanted to go there... ever since I was 8 and read my first American Girl book. So that was super special to both of us! =) Everyone- Meet Leila.

I cant think of a more perfect ending for this entry then the 1st verse from one of Josh's favorite songs...



In the past year I have learned a few very important lessons. I will not die if the dishes are left till the morning. My hair wont fall out if it doesn't get washed in 2 days. Nail polish on the Rug gives it "Character". If its a super cute expensive outfit- its inevitably going to get seriously dirty before the day is over. Oxi Clean really is amazing. If it cant be replaced, I never should have owned it to begin with. The Dyson will work if its not turned on for a day... or 2. Pretend tea is the best kind of tea. Never wear a strapless dress to the Zoo when taking your child who crawls and pulls on the dress to help herself stand up. And- Coffee is the 6th wonder of the world.
I have memories that will be forever burned into my heart and my head. The first time I saw her, held her, heard her, kissed her. And of coarse all the "milestones" she has reached, and the ones we still have to look forward to. I look forward to her 1st day of school, first best friend, first date, first prom, graduations and some day getting married and her having her own children... but for now- were just celebrating her getting to have Whole Milk (organic of coarse) and counting down the days till Josh gets to come home and be with his family again.
Harper amazes me every day. She is so sweet and so full of personality. Just today we were at Target and I was standing there talking to the cashier when she started digging through my purse. She pulls out my wallet, opens it, and pulls out come cash and holds it out for the cashier! We sat there laughing she just held out her little hand and laughed too. When people around her laugh, she laughs and throws her hands in the air like she has any idea whats going on.... but- maybe she does.For her Birthday she had a POOOOL Party with some family members and friends. Complete with a DJ and a photographer ha ha. Thats normal for a 1st Birthday right!? ; ) Josh and I got her her first charm for her Tiffany bracelet. A "Ladybug" charm because we always say shes "Daddy's Little Ladybug". And I got to take her to "American Girl" to get her first doll. I have ALWAYS wanted to go there... ever since I was 8 and read my first American Girl book. So that was super special to both of us! =) Everyone- Meet Leila.

I cant think of a more perfect ending for this entry then the 1st verse from one of Josh's favorite songs...
"He didn't have to wake up- he'd been up all night,
Laying there in bed, listening to his newborn baby cry.
He makes a pot of coffee, Splashes water on his face-
Laying there in bed, listening to his newborn baby cry.
He makes a pot of coffee, Splashes water on his face-
His wife gives him a kiss, and says 'Its going to be OK'
Cause it wont be like this for long,
One day we'll look back laughing, at the week we brought her home.
This phase is going to fly by- so baby just hold on.
Cause It wont be like this for long."
This phase is going to fly by- so baby just hold on.
Cause It wont be like this for long."

Happy 1st Birthday Harper Grace... We love you.

I love this. There really is nothing like the love of a mother, it is indescribable.
ReplyDeleteHappy Birthday little miss Harper Grace Peterson!
I really can't believe she is already one..I still remember getting the text from Josh as soon as she was born..seems like just yesterday.. Isnt the first year just AMAZING?! She is a BEAUTIFUL little girl Lauren.. Love your blog!
ReplyDelete