>

Sunday, August 29, 2010

Dear Joshua-

Tonight.

Tonight was the first time that I really let myself think about the past 5 months.
Tonight when I put Harper to bed, and she said "dada" when she touched your picture I cried and held her the tightest I think I ever have.
Tonight for the first time- walking through the living room made me cry when I saw the wedding pictures.
Tonight for dinner, I made your favorite soup and even made the grilled cheese sandwhich just how you do... open.
Tonight I watched a little bit of ESPN cause I kinda miss the sound of men yelling about sports.
Tonight I took a shower and let your loofa get wet... cause it reminds me of how I used to get mad at 5:30 in the morning when that smell woke me up! Sorry for that by the way... I would do anything to wake up to that smell tomorrow.
Tonight I am going to put your pillow back on the bed just so I can smell your hair.
Tonight- I think I might let myself cry all the tears I have held back.

Tomorrow- I will cross off one more day on the calendar... cause were one day closer till I get to run to you on the pier.

I love you... and miss you. Hurry home. I am waiting.... patiently! ; )

Love Always & Forever-
L

2 comments:

  1. Stay strong. Then laugh at when he woudl say, "LOOOOOOOREN!" That was hilarious.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well...I didnt get through this without some tears..Big surprise huh?! ha ha!! =) What a great post, and I can't believe he will be home SOON!! FINALLY!! You have been AMAZING these past months Lauren, and should be proud! We love you ALL!

    ReplyDelete