>

Friday, November 19, 2010

A Halloween To Remember

Some people live for Thanksgiving... others for Easter.... or even Christmas... for me- ITS HALLOWEEN!!Well- I live for Christmas too ha ha ha.  Lets be honest. This Halloween though, was super special.... Harper was more aware of the occasion and Josh was home!! We started out the festivities by going to the "Pumpkin Patch" to pick out our Pumpkins!!  Harper dove right in... literatly and found her pumpkin and carried it all around the orchard.





Next on the festivities list- a Halloween Party / Surprise party for my friend Ally.  Her Birthday was Oct 29th so I thought what better way to celebrate!?  We told everyone they HAD to dress up! I was Lady Gaga and Josh was Eminem.  Not that I ever wondered- but I now know I could never pull off blonde hair!!
 I made a fabulous cake.... Devils Food with Chocolate Buttercream Icing! Thanks to the "Kitchen Aid" I got last Christmas this was actually not as challanging as it looks! And everything is edible!
 We had tons of little appetizers and then played "The Newlywed Game" and Ryan and Ally won!  Then of coarse we had to play the "Mummy Game."  Each couple was given 3 rolls of toilet paper and  3 minutes to make the best mummy.  Josh covered my face so I couldnt tell who had the best mummy... but from what I heard Ally kept dancing and ripping her toilet paper. I should start having audio clips to go with pictures.


This is also the night where our weekend flipped upside down... for the worst.  Harper, who is NEVER sick... got sick.  Poor little thing vomited allll over her little skeleton pajamas and her bed.  She was so scared! We changed her jammies, and bedding... held her, and she fell back asleep.... we put her back in her bed and as sooon as our heads hit the pillow- we heard her throw up again.  This time I just stayed awake with her and held her.  By the morning she seemed back to normal... so we just blew it off thinking maybe it was just a 24 hour thing.

On Sunday, the 31st at 2 pm, we were on our way to the Annual Hay Ride at "Cows & Cones".  Josh started to feel a little sick, he went home and the cycle started all over again with him sick. Not 2 hours later, I was just as sick.  Not to overshare- but thank heaven we had 2 bathrooms.  We were both sick all night... not even being able to keep a sip of water down.  Ours lasted a little longer then Harper... but by tuesday we were feeling better.  Needless to say we didnt get to dress up and take our litle "honey bee" Trick or Treating.  We felt horrible for her... but she didnt hold it against us.

Luckily- we were chatting with a neighbor and come to find our her daughter was sick as well and didnt get to go trick or treating either so we decided we would have a Halloween make up day.  We carved pumpkins, got dressed up and even went trick or treating!






  So even with all the mishaps- it ended up being a VERY Happy Halloween!!  Bzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

No comments:

Post a Comment