>

Monday, November 22, 2010

Man Brain VS Woman Brain

I know no matter how much research is done- we will never understand why the brains work so different.  We have pills or surgery to fix almost anything we don't like about ourselves or our significant others... why cant we find a cure for THE MALE BRAIN!?  


What brought this thought process on you ask!? Well- I'm about to tell you.  Today we had Family Pictures.  We had our first Family Picture last December... and it was a disaster.  We were running out the door still getting dressed... only to get to the studio and realize we forgot a few things.  The photographer took 3 pictures and shoved us out the door.  I have spent the last 10 months planning this years picture... hoping to have everything "Picture Perfect."  Like one of those pictures hanging in the photographer studios where you wonder if the people are even real cause they look so perfect. 

So- Fast Forward.  Its Nov 12... we found a great photographer and a great location and made sure my little family had perfect outfits.  I assumed I had something in my closet that would work... and didn't think much about it.  So we wake up at 730 this morning... I was getting Harper her breakfast... wondering what on earth Josh was doing.... why wasn't he out here helping me?!  He comes strolling around the corner with one of those Biore Pore Cleansing Strips on his nose... He doesn't want his "Pores to look big or dirty for pictures." My eyes roll... whatever. ha ha ha.  Men.  So Harper gets fed, I make her a bow, I lay out their outfits. I ask Josh if he can keep Harper entertained while I find myself something to wear.  He decides he NEEDS to iron his pants and shirt.  Translation- Harper is hanging on my legs and putting every piece of jewelry on that she sees, as I run frantically around the room trying to find a pair of pants that fit.  Josh finally gets done ironing.... WOOOO! He can take the child. no. He needs to shower. Fine.  Take your shower.

Its now 915 am.  I have found a pair of pants that may work.  They are 6 inches too long and 2 sizes to big but I don't have time to be picky.  I wore them when I was pregnant actually....I sit down to hem them.... keep in mind- I HAVE NEVER HEMMED A PAIR OF PANTS IN MY LIFE! Josh now is done with his shower.... Harper is taking a nap. He sits down and turns the TV on to Sports Center.  He notices I look stressed and has the nerve to ask "Whats wrong?"  I lash out that "FOR ONE TIME I WOULD LIKE TO LOOK LIKE PART OF THE FAMILY INSTEAD OF SOME WILD BANSHEE YOU GUYS PICKED UP ON THE SIDE OF THE ROAD."  After a brief delay- he looks up from the TV and says "you will look great."  MEN.....

Fast Forward again to 940.  I think I actually hemmed the pants.  Long enough to last through pics.  I also learned that the Nuggets won against the Lakers, someone is asking for money, Auburn needs to loose for Boise to maybe get a BCS Bowl game and that Brett Farve is a cheater.  While I am about to cry or beat someone... the MALE in the house is concerned with SPORTS!? How can he seriously focus on worthless information at a time like this?!  How do they do this? I think their brain produces a chemical that blocks out anything that doesn't directly concern them. I NEED SOMETHING TO NUMB MY MIND.

Well- Its 1:30... were home.  I have calmed down.... Pictures went great... Well- Harper had her fill after about 30 minutes but the photographer was amazing.  She didn't give up on us... and any of you CT readers, Ill be happy to give you her info if you are in need of pictures! So I am happy to say, that our Christmas Cards will be perfect this year. 






2 comments:

  1. Oh they look fantastic!! Harper is adorable! Your house in the mornings sounds alot like mine. :) Have you heard of operation love reunited? They do free photos for military families, you should check em out for next year or next time josh goes out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha ha ha ha Im glad someones house sounds like ours! ; ) And thanks for the info about Operation Love Reunited! Joshs sub is getting short-cycled and they will be going on another 6-9 month deployment in about a year! =( I may be using them!!

    ReplyDelete