I hate snow. I hate being cold. I would rather wear a sundress and sandals then sweaters and slippers. I miss South Carolina sooo much on days like this. Every morning when Harper get out of her crib she takes a little walk around the living room.... making sure all her toys are there and nothing happened while she was in her bed. And since we live with an acre of woods, she likes to look out the window cause you can usually see a fox or squirrel. Today though.... she saw something she hadn't seen since she was 5 months old and obviously she wouldn't remember it. She saw all of our land covered in snow! She had her little face pressed up against the window and let out a famous "ooooooooo" and then proceeded to shove Grinch's face up there too so he could see.
Since Harper and I were stuck at home... we decided to make the best of a bad situation. She had gotten some "Fancy Nancy Pink Hot Chocolate" so we started off with some of that. Fabulous by the way. After breakfast, we decided to play with her new blocks. I would stack them high, and she would laugh sooo hard and knock them down!
After the building... we decided we should get dressed and clean up the house. Once we got into our rooms- we agreed that just a change of pajamas was all we needed ha ha ha. We weren't going anywhere!! So we move on into the dining room and kitchen. I was sweeping the floor when I hear bristles on my rug!! There was my littLe assistant. Harper with her broom ha ha. Every time I sweep, she gets her broom out and pretends to help.
After lunch.... and a nap.... Josh was home from work and we had yet another activity under our belts. I had read in a PARENTS Magazine that kids this age like to experiment with textures so I though finger painting would be fun. I stripped Harper down to her onesie and put a little beret on her (so she looked like a little artist). Ill let the pictures explain how much fun it was... and yes- the paint is non-toxic!
So all in all- I guess snow days can be quite fun!! The older she gets, the more fun we have!

Looks like you had loads of fun! The grinch picture and your story cracked me up!! I can just picture Harper scoping things out in the AM, half asleep as she strolls! HAHA!! Isn't it so fun when they want to help with EVERYTHING!! Too bad the cleaning help may not last forever, huh?! ;) Cute post!!
ReplyDelete