>

Saturday, May 7, 2011

Hes Home....

Welcome Home USS Pittsburgh
Another Underway, under the belt.  It was only a 2 month one... but for us- and soooo many other families on the boat it was a hard one.  I cant even put my finger on WHY.... but anything that COULD of happened while he was gone- DID. Just for an example, I wanted to mow the lawn so the yard would look nice for him.  This was after I leveled the flower beds, planed 90 pansies, mulched, and put up tiny decor fences!!  I knew that Mowers needed oil and gas... and the mower had been sitting for 8 months so I checked to make sure there was oil and gas still in it. Check and Check.  I was ready to mow.  Well 15 minutes into mowing, the mower started smoking! I thought it was due to me running over anything in my path.... but then I looked and it was spiting oil out everywhere!! I did close the oil cap tightly when I checked it!!  I freaked out, shut it off, put it in the garage and ran inside.  In the back of my head- if it was going to explode I didn't want to be near it when it did.  I was going to let it sit for a few days and "cool off" hahahaa.  I called my mom, and she laughed.  She said to make sure there was still oil in it, close it tightly and start again. I did.  And the grass got mowed.  A few days later... I got to pick up my Sailor.


A few other wives and myself had planned to dress up the little girls in "black and yellow" tutus, bows, and special shirts we had ordered.  The kids weren't cooperating (we will pretend they were just to excited to see the daddies) to take a group picture... but its Navy life... there will be many more opportunities!!


And not that it was official... but Harper and I got the "First Kiss" and "First Hug"!!  This picture just tugs at my heart strings every time I see it.

We couldn't be happier to have our family whole again. 

1 comment:

  1. So thankful Josh is home! Hope he is enjoying his time with you and Harper, I'm sure it is soooo nice having him home and safe. Take care of each other!! =) <3 the picture!!

    ReplyDelete