I talk a lot of crap about CT... ha ha ha. And with good reason! ; ) But last Friday Ally took me and Harper to Rhode Island to show us that the North East does have fun things to do. She knew how much I was missing SC and going to the Beach with Danielle, Maddy and Mia so we went to the beach out here!! Surprisingly it was beautiful. For a few minutes I forgot how much I hated it here. We set up camp, sun screened up, and finally got ready to go in the water. Harper was in amazement. I don't even know what she was thinking. Her eyes were huge and she just kept saying "water water water"!!
I say just for a few minutes I forgot where I was because as soon as my feet hit that FREEZING water I KNEW I was NOT in South Carolina hahhaa. Holy cow I'm telling you it was so cold it was almost painful!! Needless to say- I had no intentions of getting any deeper than ankle level in that water.
Harper didn't care. She kept trying to go in, but would turn back... yelling "no no no" at the rough waves that would almost take her down.
We took a lunch break, had fresh lemonade, clam strips, chicken, and french fries. Harper even took a break from the water to blow bubbles.
The funniest part of the day was when Ally was laying there working on her pre-wedding tan and Harper kept trying to put a towel on her or her blanket. We tried telling her that she wasn't cold. Then she looked at us like we were nuts and grabbed her stomach and kept saying "belly! belly! Then AGAIN tried to cover Ally up. We busted out laughing because we finally realized Harper was concerned because Allys belly was showing ha ha ha ha.
The sun must have been affecting my brain because we were walking along the shore and I saw a Starfish. I got some sticks and put him back in the water. Then I yelled "Freak! I have to go get the starfish!" and Ally was like "Why? You want to keep it?!" and I yelled "No!! What if he cant swim!? I just drowned him!!" ahhaahaa. Yeahhhhh. I don't even know what I was thinking (I guess I wasn't thinking ha ha ha). I'm blaming it on the heat.
Ally is a good friend... she womaned-up and took one for the team. She actually got in that freezing water and took Harper out in the ocean. Harper was in Heaven.
As for me.... Yeah I stayed right where I belong... along the shore with just my feet in.
No comments:
Post a Comment