>

Thursday, June 23, 2011

To the Juicer

So here at Casa-De-Peterson I'm having a food revolution.  We don't need a crazy one... but we have room to improve.  When Josh is gone, Harper and I are pretty good vegetarians and I feel better.  Physically and mentally.  But I know he likes his meat so when hes home, our good habits tend to go out the window.... but I talked to him and we have agreed- we need to go more of the vegetarian route.  We already 99% only eat white meat as it is (chicken and turkey).  Josh has a family history of diabetes, high cholesterol, high blood pressure ect... and he already has been warned to start being conscious of that.  I have showed him that eating healthy can be fun! Grilling Portabello mushrooms instead of ground turkey, we had Lemon Pepper Tofu, Black Bean and Spinach Enchiladas, and last night we had Vegetarian Tortilla Soup! Yummmm right!?  His allll time favorite- General Tsaos Tofu!!  Lately him being home for dinner is a foreign concept anyway.

I guess another big reason for our Food Revolution.... the child.  My once food loving-eats anything you put in front of her- veggie lover HAS LEFT THE BUILDING!! I now know what people mean when they say they have a toddler who wont eat anything.  I FORBID to drop to the level of mac &cheese for every meal.  I bought some books, and ooooh I have gotten creative with her as well.  Her FAVORITE snack: Whole Wheat Tortillas and Hummus! yayyyy!!  But- we do have an issue. ANY VEGGIE (unless its hidden VERY well... she will snub and say "no no no no no.... yuckys".  And she has the cutest tinyest voice it just melts your heart to know shes not getting proper nutrients.  She eats tofu, turkey and chicken... so protein is not the issue... its the veggies.  She does drink Green Monsters though!! (a smoothie made with Spinach Leaves, Almond Milk, Flax Seed & a banana) ITS FREAKIN AMAZING!

But- the child cant live on green monsters.  So- I think were going to buy: A JUICER!!  I have been researching how to get all the recommended veggie servings in your kid! THE JUICER!! This may work on the husband as well!!

2 comments:

  1. david loves it when i make juice, just as much as ny does. word of warning though, don't ever put celery in it unless you REALLY like the taste of it. haha. i read somewhere about how many vitamins were in celery so i tried putting some in, it was just a tiny bit and it ruined the juice :P gag. my favorite combo is orange, carrot, apple, strawberry and pineapple. so good.
    ny refuses to eat veggies as well, i found REALLY good vitamins for her though. they have over 17 fruits and veggies in them so at least she's getting some of her daily servings in if she wont actually eat any veggies i try and give her. they're called juice plus if you want to google it. i love them, ny hasn't gotten sick since she started taking them over a year ago and she used to get colds all the time.

    sorry for the long comment...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have you gotten one of these yet?! I WANT one! haha!

    ReplyDelete