>

Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Fathers Day

Ahhhhh yes.... Its that time of year.... and for us- its our 1st Fathers Day we got to spend together.  I was soooo sly this Fathers Day.  I actually managed to get a gift, keep it hidden, and NOT give in and tell him what it was! Woooo! I'm getting better.  It worked out perfect because Josh had DUTY Saturday so I had Ally and Lindsey come over for dinner and I enlisted their help with putting together the gift.  We grilled Feta & Spinach Turkey burgers, and zucchini, squash, and red peppers and topped it with feta cheese.  Amaaazing.  Then- while the grill was still hot we made my FAVORITE summer treat- SMORES. 

We hung out in the MAN CAVE while we grilled... we laughed that we were 4 girls, grilling, and putting together Fathers Day gift, while hanging out in MAN LAND!

Since Harper and I had just picked fresh strawberries, we found a perfect recipe to make for Josh's special breakfast the following morning when he got home from work.  He came home to Strawberry and Cream Cheese Stuffed French Toast, and of course his favorite French Press Coffee.  The french toast was sooooo goood!!  I think the fresh strawberries made it even better.  When you took a bite the berries just burst in your mouth! mmmmmm.

 

After breakfast- the wait was over.  We unveiled the gift.  A Hammock.  Right outside the man cave... how perfect is that!? And is big enough for us all to fit on!


Happy Fathers Day!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment