>

Sunday, December 5, 2010

Breakfast with Santa and a Christmas Party


I told you all we had a busy weekend planned! This morning we had "Breakfast With Santa" on the base.  Pancakes, eggs, star shaped tater-tots & a personal visit with Mr. Kris Kringle himself. Harper looked just too adorable for words and she seemed really excited.  I heard that this breakfast had sold out in like 3 days so I was happy we got tickets. Harper seemed to really enjoy breakfast... its not every day she gets to eat while NOT in her highchair! We had to peel her away from this huge snow globe... she just starred and starred.

Next station: Gingerbread Cookie Decorating!  They had a gingerbread person for all the kids to decorate, and tons of colors of icing.  Harper was more concerned with eating the icing rather then decorating so I would sneak her a lick here and there in between making her cookie.  Pearl necklace and all!


 








So were heading to the last station... the meeting with Santa. You hear about all those stories of kids pulling of Santa's beard, or SCREAMING as soon as they get within 2 feet of him.... so needless to say- my anxiety was through the roof.  All I wanted was a good picture. Pictures are worth a thousand words right?  So we wait in line... and Harper was really checking things out.  Finally it was her turn... she walked strait up to him and gave him a good look up and down.  She looked at us like "Who is this? You want me to sit on him!?"  I recognized the look... she was about to freak. So, I told Santa she could just STAND by him... he chucked and said OK! I tried to run, so they could quickly snap a picture.... but Harper was hot on my heels.  We decided we could just do a family picture with Santa and he and Harper were both content with that!  After the picture was taken, Santa gave her a book and she actually gave him a smile and gladly accepted the book.  We made it through the Breakfast!

We headed home to prepare for the rest of the day! Harper needed a nap, and I needed to make cupcakes.  The sub had a big Christmas Party for the kids.  They rented out an area of the bowling ally on base.  There were snacks, crafts, pizza, and of coarse- bowling! 

After Harper got her fill on all the arcade games she was ready for more action.  Josh and all the dads took the kids down to the lanes, while all the moms were making decorations to send down to the submarine to spread a little Holiday cheer for the sailors. Josh said that Harper was enjoying it while it was HER turn.  She wasn't about SHARING the bowling lanes ha ha ha.  Obviously we will need to work on this! But he said she clapped when the pins fell! So she was starting to get the concept! Its definitely something I think they will have to do again!


To top off our day full of fun- everyone loved my candy cane cupcakes!  Hope you guys had a great weekend!!  Happy Holidays!

1 comment:

  1. LOOK AT YOUR HAIR!!!!! FAB!!! I want to know the trick!!! =) The pic of you all with Santa is too dang cute! We still need to take Addyson to see Santa! Hopefully she doesn't tell him "Happy Christmas"!! HA HA!! We have had to correct her that its "MERRY Christmas"...her response usually.. "Yep that's what I said-MERRY Christmas" (emphasis on the Merry) Girl is hilarious!! =) Your bowling pics bring back memories of March!! =) Can't wait to do it again!! Love this post! =)

    ReplyDelete