Josh and I have discussed that I need to find a new "stress relief outlet" besides shopping. Ha ha ha. Geeee.... ya think!? ; ) During the Summer I used to run every day. Try to contain your laughter family.... you would be surprised. I actually can run without looking like I'm about to FLY. Due to the FREEZING temperatures here in New England and my DIVA Southern Bell child, we have been stuck inside for MONTHS! So... I found my new outlet. Re-decorating almost every room in my home. I'm in the process of dining room, guest room and my newest project- Harper's Room. No hints.... your going to love it. I think 3 people know what were doing... Courtney, Ally and my mother. So far everyone seems to LOOOOOVE the idea!! And its coming along quite nice! Ill post pics as soon as were done! Josh even put his 2 cents in this evening and- ARE YOU SITTING DOWN!? HE MIGHT ACTUALLY LET ME PUT A LIIIIIIIITTLE PAINT ON THE WALL!!! wooooo hoooo!!!
I read a long time ago that you should talk to your baby like they are having a conversation with a friend. Since Harper was born I would always have her with me and I would explain what I was thinking and why we were doing whatever we were doing. My grandma always tells me I waste my breath when I talk to her. Ha ha ha. She used to give me the strangest looks when I stayed with her this Summer. She would be putting her lip stick on and stuffing her purse before she left to meet with her lady friends saying "That baby doesn't know what your saying, your wasting your breath!" I really do think she understands what I tell her ha ha ha. Lets pretend she does. Sometimes life gets a little lonely, and its nice to have someone listen.
Today, as we put her new bedding on her bed- I told her about the first room of mine I remember as a young girl. I shared it with my sister. We had bunk beds... and we had gotten new bed sets. The comforters were reversible and I told myself whatever side Ciara put hers on I would do mine opposite. I thought I was being a rebel. They were pink and white, one side stripes and one side squares. And what sticks out most about this room was the wall paper. I don't recall the print itself, but the border had bears on bicycles. Not like mountain bikes, they were old classic bikes, they had flowers on their hats. My mother loved it. I think I just said yes lets do that one cause she loved it sooooooo much. ha ha ha. Daughters do things like that ya know!? I do remember that they had pastel blue bikes, and I didnt like BLUE in my pink and white room. I also remember that when we wanted a change in things, Ciara and I would discuss switching beds. All this meant was she would throw her pillow and stuffed animals to the top buck and I would throw mine to the bottom bunk... and it felt like to us we had a BRAND NEW ROOM allllll over again. Whenever I hear that song "The House That Built Me" I think of that room.
I wonder if this is the room that Harper will first remember... The one that she will tell her kids about some day. I loved her nursery.... but its time to move on. She really has come into her own lately, and this room will reflect it.... as well as tie into memories we have made, and leaves room for so many more still to be made. You know its AWESOME when the H.O.A. President of the Peterson Household breaks the law of "NO PAINTING"! ha ha ha ha!!


You're lucky if you get to paint! Hope you post pics of this newly redecorated room so we get to see! =)
ReplyDelete