>

Friday, February 11, 2011

Frosty The Snowman

I'm sure you all have heard about the record breaking snow we have had here in New England this January.  I'm not sure how many feet EXACTLY we had, but we officially had the most snow ever on record in CT in a month!  Josh even got a snow day!!  We thought what better way to spend it then making memories in the snow!?  A few weeks ago I had picked up a "Snowman Making Kit" so we figured we would make Harper's 1st snow man.  I spent 23 years in Colorado and had never seen a kit to build one! But awesome idea. ha ha ha.  Surprisingly the air wasn't too cold...  It was beautiful out... like a winter wonderland!!

Josh dove right in.... started rolling the base of the snow man.  The girls held back... still not sure if we were cut out for such cold.  During our few minutes of supervising, Harper and I saw that Josh had a good hand on making the snow man so we set out to find some sticks for the arms and some rocks for his eyes and mouth.

Complete with a carrot nose, top hat, scarf, and a corn cob pipe!!
We were pretty proud of our snow man... and the neighbors and mail man sure did like him too!
My little snow Angel sure had lots of fun!  She has been learning tons of new words and even busted out a new one... "COLLLLLLLL".  Translation- COLD. ha ha ha 
(and yes.... she drags her L out)

I hope you all are staying warm this winter... take some time to build a snow man and spend time together.  After all, the love of a family is life's greatest blessing.

1 comment:

  1. Love these photos! Harper is a doll!! Your snowman is fabulous!! You guys all look great! Wish we would have gotten this much snow or that ours would have stuck around a bit more...BUT...BRING ON SPRING!! =) hahaha!

    ReplyDelete