>

Sunday, April 3, 2011

Oil..... I hate you

The saying "when it rains it pours" was made for weeks like mine.  Lets just take 24 hours so you can see a glimpse of what my week was like.  So- here in CT, they are stuck back in the constitution days and all the heating/hot water is done by using OIL!! Oil is soooo expensive.  Its about $900 to fill up the tank and you fill it about 2-3 times a year.  Not only is it expensive... its ugly.  Its a huge black tank thing.  I hate looking at it.  I hate the sound it makes when you tap it.  I loathe the stupid thing.  Its reason 345676543 of why I hate living here. 

The other day I had noticed it was getting low so I made an apt with the company for them to come fill it April 2nd.  So April 1st I was hanging out with 2 of my girl friends and I heard this loud THUD.  I was like "Theres no way the oil is out...."  When the oil runs out the furnace shuts completely down.  How do I know this?  This was now the 3rd time it has happened ha ha ha.  I run over to the sink and try and run some hot water.... NOPE.  Cold as the snow that was on the ground outside.  We decided we would go out to dinner then figure out what to do later.  Well- in 2 hours the temperature of the house dropped 12 degrees so I realized theres no way we could stay there that night.  Luckily my friend Lindsey helped me pack bags for Harper and I said we could stay over at her house.  Harper was so tired by the time we got over there I don't even think she noticed she wasn't in HER bed.

The next morning I met the Oil guys at the house around 7:30.  The house was 39 degrees inside!!!  CRAZY!!!  $600 later the oil is about 3/4 full, and it took about 6 hours for the heat to get back up to about 65.  I wanted to cry all day, but I didn't.  I tried to keep my mind of things.  Then my phone rang... it was Josh's ring tone!! I wasn't expecting to hear from him for a few more weeks so my heart skipped a beat.  As soon as I answered and realized it was him I just started balling ha ha ha ha.  He prob thinks I'm a basket case... and this week I was.  I'm just glad that Sub made a stop.  I needed to hear his voice to remind me that everything will be OK!

And if I have to read ONE MORE FACEBOOK STATUS ABOUT SOMEONE HASN'T SEEN THEIR HUSBAND FOR A DAY... OR 2... I MAY GO OFFFFFF!! Give me a freaking break.  I wait for an email, 2 a week if I'm lucky... A phone call maybe once a month... so I don't want to hear your pity party.  
Sorry about the rant... figured I better rant here then on FB ha ha ha..  Happy Sunday everyone... I hope this week is better for us all.

3 comments:

  1. WOW!! $900?!? That's crazy!! Sorry you had such a bad week..thankfully though you are so strong and can take care of everything on your own.. (We are all allowed a breakdown or 6!) =) What a blessing that Josh got to call! I'm sure he doesn't think you're a basket case, he knows how much you do to keep your family taken care of! Everything will be ok too, Josh will be home soon and until then just wait for those special phone calls! You know he calls who is most important to him! =) Hopefully you will hear from him again soon! Take care of yourself girl, and that beautiful Miss Harper! Hope you have a better week! <3 ya! Remember you CAN do this! =) Just keep thinking of Casa De Peterson! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, I need to apologize for all of my facebook posts about how sunny and warm it is over here, I feel bad now. I wish I knew about it though, its possible to get emergency service for situations like that at any time (some companys have 24/7 365 service), I could have tried to set something up before your house froze over. I know how much it sucks, mine decided to be empty when the gas prices skyrocketed and cost $1500 to fill. Whatever the case, its good you got to talk to Josh, thank god for the Diesel, that thing has never worked quite right, but it is always good for extra port calls. He'll be back soon though, and now that they moved the orse to...now'ish...he'll be a lot less stressed when he gets back.

    ReplyDelete
  3. umm that is the ugliest thing I've ever seen... no wonder why you hate it so much. And for dropping that much money on it, holy crap you know how many clothes you could buy instead?? Heres to a better week ahead to you! :)

    ReplyDelete