The first stop: Petting Zoo. This was awesome... it wasn't just like basic sheep, ect... there were my FAVORITES!! Giraffes, Zebras, Camels... and you got to pet them and feed them!! The baby Giraffe was barely taller than Josh ha ha. Gobbled the carrot right out of Harper's hand!
The baby zebra was soooooo cute!!! We stayed with him for a long time... the more josh is around Zebras, the more he likes them. =)
We don't know how you could ever shoot such an amazing animal.
They had tooooons of rides, so Josh took Harper on the Carousel 2 or 3 times. She didn't want to get off!! They also went on this huge inflatable slide... she didn't want to get off that either. To distract her we took her to this "Duck Pond" game. You pick a duck and you get a corresponding prize. She looovoes ducks and was content with just walking off with the duck ha ha ha ha. We explained she had to trade it, and she ended up picking a Tiger. meyow meyow meyow would be heard for the next 2 hours.
Then- Behold.... this stuff called "FRIED DOUGH". Oh my gosh its amazing. Its like the North Easts version of a Funnel Cake. And I have a weak spot for Funnel Cakes.... and now- weak spot for fried freakin dough!! ahhahahaa.
But- the highlight of the day would by far be why the title of this blog is "Princess of the Nile". I have an odd love for Camels... and I saw a big sign that said "Camel Rides $6." I informed Josh that he will be escorting Harper on that Camel. ha ha ha. He thought I would want to go... and I said "yeah... tomorrow paper will say 5 1/2 half month pregnant woman rides camel"... no. So we pay the man, they climb the stairs and I find a spot to take pics!! I hear them ask Josh how old Harper is and if she will hang on. I laughed. Why ask such a stupid questions? He will hold her on there. So as the Camel rounds the corner, I get the camera- and what do I see!?
MY NOT EVEN 2 YEAR OLD ALONE ON THE CAMEL!!
YES, ALONE.
She wasn't crying.... she was buckled in... and hanging on. She looked happy! She looked excited. ha ha ha. It took a minute for me to remember to breathe, and take some pictures.
Next thing I know- a crowd is forming... Everyone is soooo excited that shes on the camel alone ha ha ha. The newspaper finds out shes my kid and starts asking all these questions and taking pics for the paper ha ha ha. I assure everyone I thought my husband was going WITH her... I guess we can just laugh now... A very proud moment for us. She was pretty proud of herself as well!
Not even 2 years old and looks like a Camel Equestrian. Is there such thing!?
Definitely a page for the scrapbook!
No comments:
Post a Comment