>

Monday, July 25, 2011

Rays, Sharks and Penguins OH MY!!

So.... I got a super cool email the other day from the Mystic Aquarium.  They had informed me that my mom got Harper's Family a 1 year Membership! Wooooo hooo!!  Freakin Awesome Birthday Gift!!  I know her Birthday is officially TOMORROW, but we had a special trip to the aquarium to test out our new membership today. We have a full week of Birthday Festivities for  the child... today was day 1! 
Its a beautiful New England morning... good thing because 99% of the aquarium exhibits are OUTSIDE!!

We fed stingrays...

Rode a Sea Turtle...
Learned about boats...

Studied Egyptians...

Saw looooots of fish...
Saw a Beluga Whale...

Chatted withe the Penguins...

And even got to pet SHARKS!

Highlight of the day was definitely the little petting zoo thing with crabs, lobsters, starfish etc...The employees get you some creatures and put them in this tray type thing where you can PET them.  Harper looooved all the hands on activity... but petting them was not enough.  As I turned around to grab the camera, I look up to see SHE PULLED AN ENTIRE STARFISH OUT OF THE WATER AND WAS YELLING "STAR STAR STAR" WANTING ME TO LOOK!! I screamed!!! Everyone was busting out laughing... and I'm sure she wasn't the first to do it. What prob makes her stick out is she started walking down the path with that thing like it was her souvenir for the day ha ha ha.  I ran her back up to the water and told her to put it back!!  The lady assured us the starfish was fine... but before we left we went back to make sure ha ha ha.

We spent about 2 hours there today... then it started getting REALLLLY packed and we were both hungry so we decided we would go to the gift store and head home for some lunch.  She picked out a new friend who she calls "feet".  ha ha ha. Whatever. Feet works.  Hes cute.  We will DEFINITELY be going back!!  My animal loving child could have stayed all day I think.  This was the best idea for a Birthday Present!!  We can enjoy it all year long! So thanks Grammy. 

1 comment:

  1. What an AWESOME gift! Way to go Grammy! =) Looks like a super neat place, and that Harper had lots of fun! Starfish story cracked me up!! Adorable!

    ReplyDelete