Yes.... shes finally here.
5 days late... and worth the wait.
Reese Makenzie joined us Nov 10, 2011 at 1:47 pm.
She is 19 1/2 inches and weighed 7 lbs 14 oz.
Ya know... I never understood why people say that having kids is "A labor of love" until Miss Reese. I THOUGHT hey... I have been through this before, piece of cake. WRONG! ha ha ha. I guess I really don't remember what happened the first time. Lets take a trip down memory lane...
So Harper was scheduled to be induced Aug 4 2009... (like her sister, taking her sweet time getting here.). Needless to say- she decided she was ready before that. Boom... water breaks. At first i was like "frick did I just pee?!" ahhahahaa. no. I guess only 13% of women's water breaks before a contraction!! Weird!! Anyway- so we head to the hospital, 1 cm... no action will be happening for a while the Dr says. A few friends stop by... and the nurses hand me an ambien (sleeping pill) around 10 pm and say I will "need my rest". I was like "yeah!!!" So... I pass out and wake up at 2:30 with this crazy pain. It was weird. I could open my eyes but I couldn't talk... so I couldn't tell Josh what was wrong... I pass out, but continue to wake up every 5-7 minutes, cry and then pass back out. I tried TEXTING my friend to CALL Josh and tell him to tell the nurses I needed help hahahahaa. Around 6 am I finally can get a few words out... "GO GET THE NURSES... SOMETHING IS WRONG". Josh looks at me like I was crazy, but goes and gets them. They casually laugh and say "oh theres nothing prob going on but we will check. The look on their faces said it all... The nurse said "Well your baby has dark hair!!" WHAT!? THEY COULD SEE IT!? They scrambled to throw some gloves and gowns on and 30 minutes later, Miss Harper Grace took her first breath. By the time the anesthesiologist got there we were already about to move me to my recovery room. So yeah- allllllll on my own. So in my brain I thought I remembered the chain of events but I don't remember anything besides holding Harper for a few minutes and then hours later waking up in another room. I had taken a shower, got dressed... talked to my family... and have no recollection of any of it.
So, with Reese- I knew when action started, there wasn't time to mess around. When babies (well my babies) want to come.. THEY COME. The Dr's again, scheduled me to be induced, Nov 15. Fine. I would wait. They said if for "some strange reason she comes on her own, don't call till contractions are 5 min apart for an hour." I was like "sweet. walk in the park." Wednesday night... I knew... Reese would come on her own. I had a no sleep night due to those stupid pains. But I was so tired I kept falling asleep while I tried to count the minutes. ahhahaa. At 7 am, I was like ahhhh this is 5 minutes lets just show up. I called Lindsey to stay with Harper and we headed in. I think we hit every pot hole on the way there... ooooooh no good. We check in, to be informed my Dr wouldn't make it in time and I was going to meet a new Dr, the "Mc Dreamy" of Lawrence & Memorial- Dr Shrimpf. Fine. He seemed very nice. 9:30 am, 4 cm... were officially patients. Bracelets on, gown on (not cute by the way) and we got assigned a room.
The pain just got worse... and I was trying to be strong and not admit how bad it hurt ha ha. Josh was watching TV, and I remember yelling at him to STOP CHANGING CHANNELS for 2 seconds. That clicking was DRIVING ME CRAZY!! Around 1, I finally told my awesome nurse "Cynthia" that yes I'm in pain... give me the dang drugs ha ha ha. She went and got the Dr and his facial expression was all to familiar. I knew it... we were too late... I was going to do this again on my own. He said "if you want and epidural, you need it within the next 30 seconds." I thought and said ahhh what the heck! Lets do it! I want to see what its like to do it with and without!! So up came the anesthesiologist! He was amazing and very particular about even the way his tray was set up. It wasn't bad and within a few minutes I was in heaven. Why did I wait so long for this!? He broke the water, and got his scrub outfit on, everyone took their places. Dr Shrimpf- LOVES HIS JOB. He was wayyyy to into bringing Reese into the world. He just kept saying "Beautiful, great job..." I was like what the crap are you talking about!? Beautiful!? Weirdo. 4 pushes later, and there was the sweetest little cry. 1:47, my little Reese was here. Then Dr Shrimpf starts yelling how "beautiful that umbilical cord is!" He asked josh if he wanted to cut it... but spent another 30 seconds just adoring it!! hahahaa. Finally it was cut, they cleaned her off and got her stats, while Dr Shrimpf told me I was "born to have babies". No dude. Thanks though. ha ha ha.
Little Reese had a lot of visitors...
Miss Ally & Mr Ryan, Mr Cameron & Miss Lindsey... Allys mom even came too!!
The NICU Dr who had to give Reese her final exam was soooo in love with her homecoming outfit. He wouldn't stop saying "this is just fabulous fabulous" ahhahahaa. Thanks...we thought so too!
Our first night home Ally and Ryan brought us dinner, then we had Lindsey and Cameron come over for dessert. Our friend Sam had gotten us some Dom Perignon Rose Champagne and we have been saving it for the day we brought Reese home. We even gave Harper some chocolate milk in a champagne flute so she could join us in the toast.
Welcome home Reese!!











she is perfect Congratulations!!!
ReplyDeleteLOVED reading the Harper story! Reading the happenings just brought back all the memories of hearing the story! =) Isn't it funny how your 2nd labor can be sooooo different yet amazing!? Little Reese is perfect, no surprise there though! Love hearing her birth story and the seeing the awesome first pictures and family pictures, Josh looks sooo proud, Harper is so interested and loving, and you-well you look amazing girl! Congratulations yet again on such a beautiful family!!
ReplyDelete