>

Wednesday, November 2, 2011

All Hallows Eve Weekend

I cant believe its over... I feel like I spent months preparing (well lets be honest... I started Harper's costume in August) and it flew by in a matter of hours.  Well- we made the most out of it!!  Friday night we went to the Aquariums "Fall-o-Ween Fest".  The Sea Lions even did a special show, we got apple donuts and cider, and Harper won 2nd place in the costume contest!!! Woooo!!

On Halloween NIGHT- Josh took Harper out for her 1st official night of "Trick or Treating." 
 She looooved her trick or treat bag.... "A yuuucky spider... and a meyow meyow" she says. We had practiced and practiced "trick or treat"... you mostly just understand "a treeeeeeeat"...
 but hey- she looked so cute you couldn't hear her over the people screaming how much they loved her costume ha ha ha. I'm not kidding.  I heard a lady ACROSS the street open her door and start YELLING at everyone to come see Harper's costume.... Harper just kept saying "a treeeeat" hahahaa.  She asked "did your mom make that?!" and- she said YES!! woooo. That's my girl hahahaa.


The FAMILY

Of coarse Josh and I dressed up. 
I made us matching skeleton outfits...

There's Reese in her costume as well...
we wanted to match...
and yeahhhh she had to have a bow. 
We need to start her off right.

I was in costume, at the door with 25 pounds of candy and my camera.  I was soooo sure we would have enough candy... it was cold and a school night.  Bring on the "trick or treaters"!!!! Yeahhhhh that 25 pounds didn't last an hour... I ran through the house emptying out any "secret candy stash" I could get my hands on... even getting all of Harper's little Organic Lollipops!! Thankfully Ally called and said they weren't getting ANY kids and she brought another 7 pound bag of candy.  I thought we were out of the woods... NO!! We had to call her husband TO BRING MORE CANDY!!! We seriously think we went through 45 pounds of candy.  But it was really fun.  Having my little family and a few good friends all around on my favorite holiday.
Harper did VERY well passing out candy. 
She would say "hi friends!"
they would say "trick or treat"
She put the candy in their bucket/bag and
they thanked her.
Then she would say
"thank you friend"
ha ha ha ha. 
I love that everyone is her friend.

Not to be biased- but her costume was the best.  Some were scary, some were cute... some were just Incredibly stupid. hahahaaa.  And call us crazy- but we already have ideas for NEXT years costumes hahahaa.  I cant tell you enough how much I adore this holiday.

Hope everyone had a fun and safe Halloween!!!



1 comment:

  1. AWESOME costumes!! Harper should have won first!! I may be a little biased too! hahaha! Can't wait to see next years costumes!! A family of FOUR and I'm sure they will be super cute!! Love the bow on Reese-CUTE idea!! Glad you guys had such an awesome Halloween!! Wish we would have had the trick or treaters that you had!! I still have a HUGE bowl of candy that hasn't even been touched!! So if you recieve packages of candy, no complaints!! =) Restock your stash! hahaha!

    ReplyDelete