>

Saturday, March 5, 2011

Day 5

Day 05 - A picture of your favorite memory



There are soooo many memories.... and because my camera never leaves my side I have a lot of the memories documented.  There are memories growing up, especially in "Cotton Wood", College, Wedding.... all the Navy events... All the memories with my family... But- I think this picture would have to be my favorite.


The day we brought Harper home.  It was an eventful afternoon... it took hours to get discharged, I got in an argument with the guy who showed up with a wheel chair insisting I needed to be wheeled to the car.  Then once we got to the car Josh had installed the car seat at like an upright position!  My poor 3 day old little Harper was like slumped over and she cried the whole way home ha ha ha. Which lets be honest- was like 3 minutes.  When we got to the apartment we realized the air conditioner had broken and it was 87 degrees in the house!!  I was hot, Harper was hot and we were calling the maintenance guys every hour on the hour to come fix the AC!!  Eventually it was fixed, Miss Harper was in her bassinet asleep and comfy... and we sat down on the couch thinking- this is the first day of the rest of our lives.  Looking back we laugh... but its a whole day I remember by looking at this one picture. 
And I love this picture because she just looks perfect... perfectly content.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment